NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A chief petty officer onboard the USS Jason Dunham died after being struck by a forklift on Pier 14 at Naval Station Norfolk Friday morning.
On Saturday, the U.S. Navy identified the Sailor as Chief Petty Officer Adam M. Foti.
Navy officials say the incident happened around 11 a.m.
NAVSTA Fire and Emergency Services responded and the Chief Petty Officer was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Shortly after arrival to SNGH, the Chief Petty Officer was pronounced deceased at 11:34 a.m.
No further information is available at this time.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of Chief Petty Officer Adam M.
Foti,” the Navy said.
This is a breaking news story.
- Senators grill Twitter, Facebook, Google CEOs on political fairness
- Alleghany Regional Jail employee tests positive for COVID-19, inmate programs suspended
- Franklin County High School to go all virtual for one week beginning Thursday due to community spread of COVID-19
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- UPDATE: Rural Southwest Virginia surge of new cases continues