(WFXR) – …a bear was stuck in a tree…
No, it’s not the start of joke. It happened back in November in Charlottesville.
While it may not be too much of a surprise that bears do get stuck in trees, one thing you may not know, is that the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources employs people with the title of, Bear Technician.
One of the duties of a Bear Technician, extracation from wooded areas or more simply put, remove from trees.
In the Facebook post below, Bear Technician Robert Hanger is seen working to remove the bear from the tree.
In order to do so safely and successfully, the bear had to be sedated.
The bear was then moved to a safe location and was released.
- AMBER ALERT issued for missing Charlottesville child
- Police search for man who robbed Boonsboro Dollar General
- Some Franklin County students set to return to classrooms starting next week
- Roanoke City, Alleghany Health Districts say COVID-19 vaccine supply is running too low to serve all who qualify to receive vaccine
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional