RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – On Sunday night, Virginia Lottery players won a total of $8 million as a numerical combination in the Pick 4 drawing proved to be a big payout for those who wagered on those numbers.
The winning four-digit combination of 6-6-6-6, along with all quadruple numbers, tend to be very popular in the Pick 4 game, according to Virginia Lottery officials.
Players wagered a total of $492,356 in the Oct. 4 night drawing and each $1 play with those winning numbers is now worth $5,000.
This has only been the third time that the numbers 6-6-6-6 has been drawn. The last time was during the day drawing on March 26, 2014.
The Pick 4 game from the Virginia Lottery began on Sept. 30, 1991.
- TSA: More guns caught at Richmond International Airport than in previous year
- Democrats make final push to prevent Barrett’s confirmation
- Election 2020 FAQ: How are votes on amendments handled?
- Virginia Sheriff’s Association writes governor asking for amendment to military equipment bills
- Stocks have their worst day in a month as virus cases surge