NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a 33-year-old man has died following an overnight single-vehicle crash in Norfolk.
Police responded to the crash that happened around 12:30 a.m. in the 5700 block of Chesapeake Boulevard.
When they got to the scene, officers say they found the driver, identified as 33-year-old Clayton Fisher, suffering from serious injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene.
The initial investigation reveals that Fisher reportedly lost control of his vehicle and struck a tree, causing the vehicle to overturn.
Investigators say both speed and alcohol appear to have been contributing factors to the crash.
No further information have been released.
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia
- Virginia Opens 2020-21 Season With a Loss at UCF