(AP) — A new study says West Virginia relies the most of any U.S. state on federal money that’s guided by the once-a-decade census. The study released this week says federal funding represents more than 16% of the personal income in West Virginia. Colorado had the smallest dependence on federal spending distributed with help from the census.
Federal spending accounted for 6.3% of that state’s personal income. Most people will start answering the 2020 census next month.
More than $1.5 trillion in federal funding to state and local governments is parceled out according to census data.
- Pinpoint Weather: Off and on rain to continue through the weekend
- Crunch Time : Friday, February 26, 2021
- Friday Night Blitz : Friday, February 26, 2021
- Friday Night Blitz Players of the Week : Salem’s Jayden and Jorden McDonald
- Friday Night Blitz Game of the Week : Jefferson Forest blanks E.C. Glass, 28-0