STAUNTON, Va. (WFXR) – In a social media post, the Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center has announced its intent to rename the property.
In the post, the hotel mentions their opening in 1924.
Fifteen years ago, the hotel reopened after a major renovation and expansion restoring the original grandeur.
During the reopening, a discussion was made with the ownership group of the property regarding its name but determined the rooftop sign’s historical significance to the city, the name would remain.
The post does not mention what the new name of the property will be, or when it will be instituted.
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker
- Virginia Democrats aren’t defunding the police, some proposing bonuses
- Truck accident causing back-up on I-81
- Lynchburg sees back-to-back shootings within one block, PD investigating possible connection