LAKE NORMAN OF CATAWBA, N.C. (WJZY) — A seaplane that was attempting to land on Lake Norman flipped over and crashed on Saturday, local officials say.
Officials responded to calls around 8 a.m. on Saturday, July 18, regarding an aircraft crash near the Northview Harbor community on Lake Norman in Catawba County.
An initial investigation showed a fixed-wing single-engine seaplane with two occupants was attempting to land before the crash occurred.
Both the pilot and passenger suffered minor injuries and refused transport to the hospital.
Denver Fire, Catawba County Sheriff, and lake patrol were among the divisions to respond to the scene.
The plan was towed to Long Island Airport and the scene was cleared by 11 a.m.
- General Assembly discusses requiring background check for anyone wanting to rent gun at shooting ranges
- Dogs reportedly thrown out of SUV in Giles County currently available for adoption
- New River Health District says to expect a call back if you pre-registered to receive COVID vaccine
- VT police offer tips on securing your home after recent string of break-ins
- Virginia Tech study finds cows have minimal impact on greenhouse gas emissions