WEIR, Ky. (WFXR) — A Pearisburg, Virginia, man was arrested Friday, September 25, in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, on a charge of being a fugitive.
Kentucky State Police said in a statement that its troopers in Madisonville were contacted by the U.S. Marshals Service for help locating a Virginia man, John Johnston, who was believed to be in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky.
Kentucky state troopers went to a residence in the 7000 block of State Route 189, where they say Johnston, 59, was found. KSP said Johnston attempted to run, but was captured after a brief foot chase.
He is held at the Muhlenberg County Detention Center on charges of being a fugitive, resisting arrest, and first degree fleeing or evading police.
- Staff members from 3 Botetourt County schools tests positive for COVID-19
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- UPDATE: Burned vehicle found in Appomattox Co. with remains inside registered to person reported missing in Bedford Co., authorities say
- Dog injured after shot with BB/pellet gun in Lexington, police say
- Roanoke County Public Schools reports 14 COVID-19 cases from 9 schools since Monday