BRISTOL, Va. (WJHL) — Our sister-station WJHL has learned new details in the proposed plan to bring Hard Rock Casino to the former Bristol Mall.
Casino developers confirm to WJHL that the proposed casino would be located in the former Sears store, while the convention center will occupy the two-story Belk location.
Plans remain the same for the proposed hotel to be constructed in the rear parking lot of the property off Gate City Highway.
In November, Hard Rock Casino announced an agreement to operate the proposed resort-style casino.
Developers also confirmed that if approved by the General Assembly and voters in Bristol, Virginia, Hard Rock Bristol Resort and Casino could begin operating in 2022.
- Former Pulaski town employee still faces eviction after decision not made during town council meeting
- In-depth coronavirus interview with Sec. Alex Azar, Surgeon General Jerome Adams, Dr. Deborah Birx
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 116 in Franklin County
- COVID-19 could be contributing to increased sales of hunting and fishing licenses
- UNC puts loss in rear-view mirror ahead of NC State’s visit