BRISTOL, Va. (WJHL) — Our sister-station WJHL has learned new details in the proposed plan to bring Hard Rock Casino to the former Bristol Mall.
Casino developers confirm to WJHL that the proposed casino would be located in the former Sears store, while the convention center will occupy the two-story Belk location.
Plans remain the same for the proposed hotel to be constructed in the rear parking lot of the property off Gate City Highway.
In November, Hard Rock Casino announced an agreement to operate the proposed resort-style casino.
Developers also confirmed that if approved by the General Assembly and voters in Bristol, Virginia, Hard Rock Bristol Resort and Casino could begin operating in 2022.
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Growing number of GOP senators oppose impeachment trial
- Local ministry sponsors ‘Big Food Giveaway/Prayer Vigil’ in Danville