EL PASO, TEXAS (KTSM) — A man made off with a French bulldog puppy after holding up the puppy’s owners at knifepoint on Thursday night, according to the El Paso Police Department.
The owners had listed the puppy for sale on Craigslist and agreed to meet the man to sell the puppy.
Just before 8 p.m. Thursday, the owners were at an Arby’s restaurant parking lot, when the man approached the vehicle and asked to see the puppy. When the owners asked to see the money, the man pulled out a knife and threatened them, according to EPPD.
The suspect demanded the puppy and the keys to the couple’s truck; however, the owner drove away. The suspect then fled the scene with the puppy in a black, older model Chevrolet Tahoe with silver rims.
Police said the puppy’s owners described the suspect as a thinly built Hispanic male, 25 to 30 years of age, with trimmed or shaved eyebrows. The suspect was wearing a baseball cap, a black jacket and denim jeans.
Anyone with any information on this armed robbery should call Crime Stoppers of El Paso immediately at (915) 566-8477(TIPS), or online at www.crimestoppersofelpaso.org.
- UPDATE: Burned vehicle found in Appomattox Co. with remains inside registered to person reported missing in Bedford Co., authorities say
- Dog injured after shot with BB/pellet gun in Lexington, police say
- Roanoke County Public Schools reports 14 COVID-19 cases from 9 schools since Monday
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch
- Virginia Tech to hold virtual town hall Thursday to discuss plans for spring semester