NEW YORK (AP) — An 18-year-old college freshman has been fatally stabbed in a park near the college’s Manhattan campus.
Barnard College’s president said in a letter to the campus that Tessa Majors was fatally injured during an armed robbery that occurred off campus on Wednesday.
Police said they responded to an assault report at around 5:30 p.m. and found an unconscious woman, who had been stabbed multiple times. She died at a hospital.
There have been no arrests.
The Daily News says the teen’s parents live in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Barnard College is part of Columbia University.
- Clear masks for the deaf being crafted in Louisiana
- Electrical issue leads to discovery of multi-million-dollar marijuana operation in Massachusetts
- Virginia police: Rape suspect, freed due to coronavirus, kills accuser
- Friday night fire intentionally set at vacant Danville house, fire officials say
- VDH reports more than 1,300 new coronavirus cases while total deaths climb to 2,322 as of Saturday