NEW YORK (AP) — An 18-year-old college freshman has been fatally stabbed in a park near the college’s Manhattan campus.
Barnard College’s president said in a letter to the campus that Tessa Majors was fatally injured during an armed robbery that occurred off campus on Wednesday.
Police said they responded to an assault report at around 5:30 p.m. and found an unconscious woman, who had been stabbed multiple times. She died at a hospital.
There have been no arrests.
The Daily News says the teen’s parents live in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Barnard College is part of Columbia University.
- Customers are excited for Downtown Roanoke Restaurant Week
- More than 2,000 Roanoke Valley residents 65+ receive their first round of COVID-19 vaccination
- Syracuse dominates No. 16 Virginia Tech in 78-60 win
- Buffalo Bills arrive in Kansas City ahead of AFC Championship
- Big offenses, overlooked defenses in AFC title game