NEW YORK (AP) — An 18-year-old college freshman has been fatally stabbed in a park near the college’s Manhattan campus.
Barnard College’s president said in a letter to the campus that Tessa Majors was fatally injured during an armed robbery that occurred off campus on Wednesday.
Police said they responded to an assault report at around 5:30 p.m. and found an unconscious woman, who had been stabbed multiple times. She died at a hospital.
There have been no arrests.
The Daily News says the teen’s parents live in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Barnard College is part of Columbia University.
- Historic High School of Bedford Boy’s lost to fire
- New gun laws in Virginia: Where the bills stand now
- High hospital bill has family asking questions
- Three local lottery winners rejoice in separate $100K winnings
- Chase for the Championship | Louisville flexes their muscle, UNC makes school history