NEW YORK (AP) — An 18-year-old college freshman has been fatally stabbed in a park near the college’s Manhattan campus.
Barnard College’s president said in a letter to the campus that Tessa Majors was fatally injured during an armed robbery that occurred off campus on Wednesday.
Police said they responded to an assault report at around 5:30 p.m. and found an unconscious woman, who had been stabbed multiple times. She died at a hospital.
There have been no arrests.
The Daily News says the teen’s parents live in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Barnard College is part of Columbia University.
- Virginia Tech’s Hurley & Virginia’s Teel named to Team USA
- Former LU star Caleb Homesley playing in the NBA Summer League
- Former Lord Botetourt & JMU softball pitcher Meredith Wells transfers to Elon University
- Boston Red Sox using technology to assist their minor league teams
- Picking up after tornado touchdown in Bowie MD