UPDATE: The Roanoke City Council approved plans Monday, Nov. 18, to rezone property associated with Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital’s expansion plans. The council also approved the hospital’s request to vacate part of Crystal Spring Avenue for the construction of a new parking garage.
ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Residents can attend a public hearing tonight which will highlight impacts from a potential $300 million expansion of Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
Impacts could include expanding roads in the area as well as a possible parking garage in the vicinity of Crystal Spring Avenue.
Along with these changes, the expansion will also mean a larger emergency department as well as a new behavioral health building.
Construction of the expansion is expected to take around five years.
The meeting will take place at 7 p.m. tonight at Roanoke City Council Chambers on Church Street, SW.
- Roanoke police officers break up fight after basketball game at Patrick Henry
- Driving instructor offers tips for driving in freezing rain
- Washington Huddle: Social Media HQ Week 15
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 15
- Auto shop owner denies drug activity at business, states guns seized by law enforcement were his