WASHINGTON (WFXR) – The National Turkey Federation today introduced two turkeys that will be pardoned by President Trump on Tuesday.
The turkeys, named Bread and Butter, will join the President Tuesday in the Rose Garden at The White House for the annual ceremony.
Afterwards, the birds will head to Gobbler’s Rest at Virginia Tech where they will spend the rest of their lives without a care in the world.
Virginia Tech’s HokieBird was onhand at Washington, D.C.’s Willard Hotel to officially greet them as they prepare to make their way to Blacksburg.
Last year’s pardoned turkeys, Peas and Carrots are still alive and well, enjoying life at Gobblers Rest.
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration