WASHINGTON (AP) — Lady Gaga will sing the national anthem at Joe Biden’s inauguration and Jennifer Lopez will give a musical performance on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol when Biden is sworn in as the nation’s 46th president next Wednesday.
The announcement of their participation comes one day after word that Tom Hanks will host a 90-minute primetime TV special celebrating Biden’s inauguration. Other performers include Justin Timberlake, Jon Bon Jovi, Demi Lovato and Ant Clemons.
At the swearing-in ceremony, the Rev. Leo O’Donovan, a former Georgetown University president, will give the invocation and the Pledge of Allegiance will be led by Andrea Hall, a firefighter from Georgia.
There will be a poetry reading from Amanda Gorman, the first national youth poet laureate, and the benediction will be given by Rev. Silvester Beaman of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Roanoke Sheriff’s Office warns residents about phone scam
- Fatal single-vehicle crash occurred on U.S. 460 in Giles Co., according to state police
- All lanes on VA-40 in Pittsylvania Co. near Dr Mease Drive closed due to crash
- Roanoke County Police ask drivers to avoid Bent Mountain Rd. due to winter weather conditions
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive