BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – A large police presence was at Carter Bank & Trust in the Laymantown section of the county earlier on Thursday.
Police tell WFXR News that at around 4:30 p.m., a man entered the bank, displayed a firearm and left with an undisclosed amount of money.
The man reportedly left the scene in a gray two-door car.
The Botetourt Sheriff’s Office has not released any additional information about the incident.
- Johnson City community advocates compare Civil Rights Movement of the 60s to now
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice
- Busy week of racing is ahead in this week’s WFXR Sports Fastlane
- Statue honoring black Lynchburg leader planned for site of recent destructive protest
- Lawmaker: US has had worst response to pandemic worldwide