A search warrant filed in Roanoke City Circuit Court shows that police are requesting a DNA sample of a man who lived with Salonya Evans.
Evans, who worked as a certified nursing assistant, was gunned down outside her home on Morehead Avenue Southeast on July 21. The search warrant reveals that Evans and the man lived together at the home. According to the warrant, the man is also a convicted felon and a 9MM firearm was previously seized from the home after an earlier search warrant was executed at the residence.
The search warrant requests a DNA sample from the man to further the investigation.
- General Assembly to discuss extending bill allowing restaurants to offer carry-out mixed drinks
- Elon Elementary School announces temporary halt to in-person instruction due to COVID-19
- One dead in Roanoke house fire, small explosion confirmed
- Four new COVID-19 cases confirmed within Amherst County Schools
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk