DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) Customers in the Danville are being asked to save energy. Today, the Danville Utilities issued a Peak Power Alert to all customers.
Residents will need to reduce their electricity usage Tuesday through Friday from 3PM to 6PM each day.
Peak Power Alert is issued when the demand for electricity is high. There is plenty of power available but the demand could soon reach its highest point of the year, according to officials.
The highs are expected to be in the mid to high 90’s the entire week.
Below are some tips to help conserve energy during the peak times:
- Shut off lights when not needed,
- Unplug small appliances and electric chargers (especially those with small lights),
- Set your air conditioner thermostat up 5 degrees and use fans,
- Run the dishwasher and do laundry and other household chores requiring electricity during hours other than the peak hours,
- Turn off televisions, computers, radios and other electronic devices when not being used.