ROANOKE (WFXR)– The Roanoke City Police Department is investigating a shooting that happened on Thursday afternoon.
Police got the call around 4:30 p.m. The incident happened in the 400 block of Harrison Avenue NW.
When officers got on scene they found an adult male with a gunshot wound outside of a home. The man was transported to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital by Roanoke Fire-EMS for treatment of what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries.
No arrests have been made at this time. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call (540) 344-8500 and share what you know. You can also text 274637; please begin the text with “RoanokePD” to ensure it’s properly sent. Both calls and texts can remain anonymous.
- Pinpoint Weather: Cloudy & cooler with increasing shower chances late today as remnants of Beta move in from south
- Hokies All Access – N.C. State Preview, Mandy McGlynn Profile, and Full Booth w/ Jon Laaser and Mike Burnop
- Liberty Flames Athletic Department pushes for equality
- Former Hokie Assistant Charley Wiles talks about coaching against Virginia Tech
- Hokies All Access Minute – September 23, 2020