ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Firefighters responded to a fire at an abandoned residence in southeast Roanoke on Sunday night.
According to Roanoke Fire-EMS Department, units were dispatched to a fire in the 200 block of 18th Street SE at 8:53 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 16. When fire crews arrived at the scene, the department says firefighters discovered an abandoned house up in flames.
Fire officials are still investigating the cause of the fire, but there are no reports of injuries from the scene.
- CDC updates website, says ‘growing evidence’ coronavirus spreads through the air
- Sheriff’s office: Man faces murder charge in connection with stepson’s shooting in Wythe County Saturday
- Roanoke College professor reflects on legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg as a ‘social engineer’
- Industry leaders fill advisory board for new Virginia Tech campus
- Thyroid medications recalled across US, at least 4 people reported problems