RINER, Va. (WFXR) – Officials joined volunteers at the Riner Fire Department Thursday afternoon to cut the ribbon on a new state-of-the-art fire station on Route 8 in Riner.
The new station has room for equipment and training as well as a meeting space and a decontamination room.
Cost for the facility has been priced at more than $6 million.
Currently, 35 volunteers serve in the Riner Fire Department.
The former facility will be renovated to house the Riner Rescue Squad.
- Grayson County first responders remove multiple kayakers from New River Saturday
- Pinpoint Weather: Summer-like weather pattern ahead with warm conditions and afternoon storms
- Virginia police: Missing 14-year-old girl found, 19-year-old boy taken into custody
- Multiple outages leave more than 2,300 Appalachian Power customers without power Sunday in Franklin County, other nearby counties
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights, adds them to ‘no fly’ list for refusing to wear masks