HALIFAX COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – New billboards are set to go up in the next few weeks in hopes of someone who may have information relating to the 2017 death of Emma Compton Layne.
Layne vanished from her store in Halifax County in June of 2017.
Hunters later found her body in a shallow grave a few months after her disappearance.
The case has remained unsolved.
The Aware Foundation is partnering with Lamar Advertising to post billboards around Halifax County hoping that someone has information about Layne’s disappearance and subsequent death.
- Cause of death released in Emma Layne murder
- A rally to seek justice for a murdered woman
- Friends, family plead for answers two years after woman last seen alive
- Human remains identified as missing woman
- Friends worried about missing store owner