STATESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina teacher is accused of putting a disabled student in a trash can.
News outlets report 51-year-old Robin Johnson was arrested Thursday on charges of misdemeanor assault on a disabled person. Iredell County deputies say a therapist reported the allegations after speaking with children who accused Johnson of putting them in trash or recycling bins during the past two school years.
A sheriff’s office statement says evidence indicates that Johnson put a disabled Cloverleaf Elementary student in a trash can at least twice.
The Iredell-Statesville School District says Johnson is suspended with pay pending an internal investigation. Reports say Johnson has worked for the district since 2008 in various roles at NB Mills Elementary, East Elementary, Pressly School and Cloverleaf Elementary.
She may appear in court Nov. 4.
- Newsfeed Now: VA mandates COVID-19 vaccines for health care workers; Simone Biles out of Olympic gymnastics team finals due to medical issue
- Walmart to pay for 100% of college tuition, books for employees
- Man attempting to ‘run’ across ocean washes up on Florida shore inside ‘hydro pod bubble’
- Colorado monitoring 2 people after monkeypox exposure on flight
- See it: Wild brawl breaks out at Brooklyn pizza shop