NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — A woman is in critical but stable condition after being struck by a vehicle in Niagara Falls.
Police in the city say a 44-year-old resident was headed east on Niagara Avenue when he hit the 26-year-old woman with his vehicle. It happened on Sunday night around 6:20 p.m.
At the time she was struck, authorities say the woman was lying in the road.
The man and the police officer driving behind him immediately stopped to help the woman.
She was taken to ECMC after suffering two broken arms, fractured ribs, and facial and head injuries.
According to officials, the driver was uninjured and is cooperating with the investigation.
- Roanoke Valley organizations partner to host Youth Mental Health Awareness Month this February
- More parents choose homeschooling to educate children as pandemic continues
- Political expert Karen Hult comments on who Biden may nominate to replace retiring Justice Stephen Breyer
- Miami stuns Virginia Tech with half-court shot buzzer beater
- President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law directs $100 million to lower heating and cooling bills