ST. LOUIS (KTVI) — You have a chance to become a multi-millionaire Monday night when a near-record Powerball jackpot goes up for grabs.
Monday night’s drawing is worth an estimated $545 million. If the winner chooses the upfront cash payout, they will receive $392 million. The drawing will be done at 10:59 p.m.
The odds of winning the jackpot are one in 292.2 million.
Here are five things more likely to happen:
- Being killed by hornets, wasps or bees. The odds are one in 59,507.
- Becoming president of the United States. Those odds are about one in a million
- Becoming a movie star. The odds are one in 110,501.
- Going to the emergency room with a pogo stick-related injury. Those odds are about one in 115,300, according to Deseret News.
- Having conjoined twins. The odds of birthing conjoined twins are about one in 200,000, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
If hit, the jackpot would be the 10th-largest in the game’s history.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list
Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.