LOS ANGELES (WFXR/KTLA/AP) — A public memorial service is scheduled for 1 p.m. Eastern Time at the Staples Center in Los Angeles to remember Kobe Bryant. He died last month in a helicopter crash about 20 miles from Mamba Sports Academy, Bryant’s basketball training complex in Thousand Oaks, California. He was 41-years-old.
Eight others died in the crash, including Bryant’s 13-year-old daughter Gianna.
The memorial will feature speakers reflecting on Kobe Bryant’s impact on his sport and the world, along with music and retrospectives on Bryant’s on-court achievements. Bryant became active in film, television, and writing after he retired from basketball in 2016.
Bryant’s family, dozens of sports greats, and many major figures in Bryant’s public life are expected to attend.
- Roanoke City extends business and personal property tax deadlines
- Salem Red Sox Raise $1764 for Local Non-Profits
- Roanoke Rescue Mission to hold Easter Egg hunt for shelter children
- FCA Recognizes Tony Bennett with John Lotz Award
- ‘Paycheck Protection’ may run out of stimulus cash