(WFXR) — By August 17, more than 4,000 of 4,700 Walmart stores will expand their closing time from 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The retail chain had limited their operating hours due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In a tweet, Walmart says that “expanding our hours of operations provides customers with greater options to shop food, medicine and supplies.”
Stores that continue to close at 8:30 p.m. will be assessed by Walmart officials in order to determine the right time to expand their closing hours.
Walmart will continue to have certain health and safety measures in place, such as social distancing, masks, health screenings, and plastic barriers at registers.
- New River Valley Forecast
- BLACK AND BLUE KICKOFF LIVE: Away against the Chargers this Sunday, Panthers will be able to have fans at next home game
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast
- Liberty U recommends some students break quarantine for ‘exercise and sunshine’
- 1st deadly grizzly attack recorded in nation’s largest park