BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula of Texas blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura was.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. It’s only one of ten storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
- WAVY-TV 10 partners with Norfolk State University for U.S. Senatorial debate
- Woman who survived serial killer abduction meets Virginia K-9 namesake
- Sen. Mark Warner wins the Spartan- style debate coin toss for NSU debate
- Carroll County Public Schools to increase in-person classes for younger, special education students on Oct. 12
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more