BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The FBI has arrested two Florida women accused of being involved in the sex trafficking of minors.
The Broward County Human Trafficking Task Force arrested Hollywood resident Kiara Nunez, 21, and Coral Springs resident Alexandra Ramirez, 19, last week.
Court documents allege the women were sex trafficking two 15-year-old girls from October 2019 through January 2020. Police recovered one of the girls during an undercover human trafficking operation at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 29.
Police said that an online advertisement from the Ft. Lauderdale area promoting sex in exchange for money tipped them off. The ad reportedly contained nude images of young females, later identified as the victims in the case.
- Local experts weigh in on SCOTUS vacancy
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville