ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. (WANE) — Two 13-year-old girls were taken into custody on Friday after making threats to harm students at a school in Indiana.
Indiana State Police said administrators at LaVille Jr./Sr. High School contacted officials around noon on Friday, Oct. 29, after becoming aware that the two students had made a list of other students whom they intended to “do harm to” at an upcoming school dance. The list had been shared on social media, police said.
On Friday, the two girls allegedly responsible for the list were taken into custody “for Intimidation and Conspiracy to Commit Murder,” according to a statement issued by Indiana State Police.
The students were booked into the Thomas N. Frederick Juvenile Justice Center in South Bend.
Sgt. Ted Bohner of the Indiana State Police’s Bremen District told Nexstar that the St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office will determine and formally file any charges.
It was unclear whether the girls remained at the juvenile detention center as of Saturday morning.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list