EAST LANSING, MICH (WLNS)— Inside sources tell WFXR’s sister station that MSU will play football this season, with games anticipated to start around Oct. 17.
This is subject to change, but sources confirm that practice would likely start within the next two weeks.
The season would include eight games, with the two top teams in each division playing one another for the Big Ten Championship.
University presidents and chancellors have been meeting at the Big Ten headquarters in suburban Chicago and there was speculation that the 2020 football season would be restarted.
There were social media posts that claimed a decision would be made tonight, leading to speculation that the season would be reinstated.
On Aug. 11 the Big Ten presidents and chancellors postponed all fall sports, including football, by an 11-3 margin.
The Pac 12 followed suit but none of the other major football conferences postponed their seasons.
- President Trump to announce Supreme Court nominee in Saturday White House ceremony
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Halifax County Sheriff’s Office searches for missing woman
- 73-year-old woman dies following two-vehicle accident involving tow truck in eastern VA
- Pinpoint Weather: Relatively dry weekend before the rain returns