PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A driver was assaulted by protesters after crashing his truck in Portland during the 80th consecutive night of demonstrations in the city.
Shortly before 10:30 p.m., a pickup truck was found on the sidewalk as officers surrounded the area. Police said protesters were chasing the truck before it crashed, and they assaulted the driver afterward.
The driver suffered serious injuries and was rushed to a hospital. Video circulating on social media shows people kicking and hitting the man while he was on the ground.
Witnesses told KOIN the driver of the truck was attempting to run protesters over. In one of the clips posted online, the driver tells the protesters, ““I was trying to get out the way.”
Police are investigating the incident further.
Despite the assault, no arrests were made overnight.
- A deer friend: 4-year-old Virginia boy brings home an unlikely companion
- VDH Thursday update: 5,121 new COVID-19 cases, 80 new deaths reported in Virginia
- North Carolina man hits 2 deer with new car, then hits $2 million in the lottery
- Michael Strahan tests positive for COVID-19, sources say
- Proud Boys leader was ‘prolific’ informer for law enforcement