SEATTLE, Washington (WJW) – One man is in police custody after driving his car through a barricade and into a crowd of protesters in Seattle.
A demonstrator was shot and wounded nearby, according to police. The victim was taken to the hospital.
A man drove through 11th and hit a barricade. He exited his car and flashed a gun. The police say they have the man in custody and have the gun. They asked for anybody who is hurt to come to the barricade. A man was on the ground on 11th and Pine. He’s up now. pic.twitter.com/47eZZOvG59— Chase Burns (@chaseburnsy) June 8, 2020
No one else was injured.
Demonstrators have been protesting for several days around a police precinct there for George Floyd.
- Staff member at Central Elementary School tests positive for COVID-19 in Rockbridge County
- Engineers are using lasers to test new Outer Banks bridge
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Sens. Warner, Kaine announce over $13.6M in funding for rail infrastructure improvement on rail line between Clifton Forge, Charlottesville
- VSP: One person dead, another hospitalized after crash in Scott County