ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) – Protesters from across the Rochester area gathered at Martin Luther King, Jr. Park on Sunday afternoon demanding more attention be brought to challenges those in the black community face.
The SAVE ROCHESTER- Black Lives Matter group hosted the event.
The protesters will march to Interstate 490 as they plan to close down the road in effort to having their voices be heard while rallying to support the Black Lives Matter movement.
One of the organizers of the protest said many in the group are using this protest as an opportunity to ask the city of Rochester to invest more money on black neighborhoods.
You can watch the protest live here.
News 8 has a crew at the protest. This is a developing story.
- Roanoke’s Restaurant Week 2021 is bringing some great specials that you don’t want to miss
- How 202 Social House is getting involved with Downtown Roanoke Restaurant Week
- Drink options and specials made available by Barrel Chest Wine and Beer
- Spring theatre classes being offered by Mill Mountain Theatre
- PHOTOS: Baseball’s Hank Aaron through the years