FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA) — One officer and one suspect are dead in a shooting that happened near the Fayetteville Sqaure Saturday night, Dec. 7.
At 9:40 p.m. the shooting shots were fired in the back parking lot of the Fayetteville Police Department on Rock Street.
The officer was by his patrol car when he was shot and killed.
Several officers were inside and chased the suspect. The suspect was killed in a nearby alley. “…It appears the suspect executed my officer,” Fayetteville Police Chief Mike Reynolds said.
“These are the details as I know,” Reynolds said.
Reynolds said he will not release the officer and suspect names at this time.
He said the investigation will reveal more information and there will be more details released soon.
- Southside Virginia man arrested after multi-state manhunt in connection with North Carolina shooting
- Back to the Track: We’re previewing NASCAR’s longest race, the Coca-Cola 600
- Pinpoint Weather: Showers & storms Sunday, cool Memorial Day ahead
- ‘We are all learning to operate in new normal:’ Gov. Northam responds to viral online photos after visiting Virginia Beach without mask
- Meet the 1-year-old Virginia chef with 1.4 million Instagram followers