(NEXSTAR) — Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers and even some politicians are among the list of nominees for Time’s Person of the Year.
Time Magazine released reader poll nominees on Wednesday, Nov. 25, for the Person of the Year 2020. Readers can vote for the “person or group who had the greatest influence on the events of the year — for better or worse.”
Also on the list are Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer; New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo; President Donald Trump; President-elect Joe Biden; Black Lives Matter activists; Stacey Abrams; House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren; Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell; the World Health Organization; Greta Thunberg; and many athletes, celebrities, and activists.
The Time Person of the Year is selected by Time editors and will be revealed on Dec. 10. The results from the reader poll will be released in early December. You can view the full list and vote in the poll on Time’s website.
- UPDATE: Man dies after Sunday night shooting in Lynchburg
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- 11-year-old remembers his mother, Samantha Robinson, who was fatally shot in Lynchburg
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home
- Radford residents react to Sunday morning shootings