JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (KSNT) – In a joint press conference with McDonald’s Monday night, the Herington Police Chief said the coffee cup incident was a hoax.
Chief Brian Hornaday said McDonald’s didn’t have anything to do with writing obscenities on an officer’s coffee, and that it was “fabricated by a police officer no longer employed with the agency.”
“Now, this is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,” Hornaday said.
The officer, who won’t be identified since it is a “personnel matter,” told the chief it was meant to be a joke. Hornaday said the officer was with the department for two months.
- Pulaski County Supervisors pass permit for Solar Farm
- GoPro found after 6 years at the bottom of Honolulu ocean returned to owner
- Virginia doesn’t require you to wear a mask when you workout, but should you wear one anyway?
- Biden restricts travel from 26 European countries
- Six new cases of COVID-19 confirmed within Amhert County Schools