Police responded to a report of an injured child around 12 p.m. Tuesday.
Michael Robinson, 23, is accused of punching the toddler multiple times in the face. The boy was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Robinson is a relative of the boy, but his specific relationship wasn’t immediately known.
Robinson has an appearance in bond court on Friday.
- Pulaski building products plant gets block grant from Governor Northam’s office
- Pulaski County Schools to provide free meals to all students for the 2020-2021 school year
- UPDATE: Three people, one dog displaced after overnight fire in northeast Roanoke
- Liberty Flames Hugh Freeze talks about his health during the pandemic
- UPDATE: One person killed in tractor-trailer crash in Roanoke County