(NEXSTAR) — The internet went nuts when Apple TV+ announced it would have the exclusive rights to the Peanuts holiday specials — meaning they were no longer available on traditional broadcast TV.
Apple apparently heard your cries on social media and cut a deal with PBS to bring your favorites like “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” to your local PBS station
The ad-free broadcasts will be available in primetime on Nov. 22 at 7:30/6:30c (Thanksgiving) and Dec. 13 at 7:30/6:30c (Christmas), according to TV Insider.
If those times don’t work for you, you’ll be able to stream the shows at your convenience on Apple TV+. The platform will also offer some free viewing windows around each holiday.
“A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” will be available for free from Nov. 25 until Nov. 27 on the platform, and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” will be available to customers for free from Dec. 11 until Dec. 13.
The holiday specials have aired annually on broadcast television since the 1960s.
- Man leaves $3,000 tip for a single beer as Cleveland restaurant closes for virus
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released
- Get paid $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- UPDATE: Tractor-trailer crash backs up traffic for several miles on I-81 North in Montgomery County
- New coronavirus cases reported from two Amherst County public schools