(WFXR) – The Southgate project to extend the Mountain Valley Pipeline through Southside into North Carolina is moving forward.
The project would run 70 miles from Chatham towards Interstate 40 into the Tar Heel State.
A release from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission says there will be some adverse environmental impacts from the project, including soil erosion, but those would be reduced if pipeline workers follow proper steps.
The Southgate extension is expected to cost between $450 million and $500 million.
- VDH reports 449 new COVID-19 cases, 13 new virus-related deaths as of Monday
- Roanoke County fire stations ‘light the night’ in honor of fallen firefighters
- Bombshell Trump tax revelation could tarnish business mogul image that fueled his rise
- Joe Montana, wife stop woman who tried to kidnap 9-month-old grandchild from their home
- VCU considers requiring students to take courses on racism