Morning structure fire in Danville caused by faulty breaker box

News
The Danville Fire Department responded to a fire Monday night in the Westover Hills community.

The Danville Fire Department responded to a fire Monday night in the Westover Hills community. (Picture: Courtesy of MGN.)

DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – The Danville Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 920 Roberts Street Wednesday morning at 2:15. Crews arrived moments later to find the basement of the two story structure full of smoke. Crews were able to bring the fire under control less than 30 minutes later.

The fire started in a basement breaker box. The basement sustained minor fire and water damage with the rest of the house sustaining smoke damage.

The Fire Marshal’s office determined the cause of the fire to be electrical related. The occupants were at home at the time of the fire and were safely outside when crews arrived.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form