FOREST, Va. (WFXR) — Hundreds more employees at Teva Pharmaceutical in Forest will be out of a job by the end of next year.
On Oct. 11, company officials let state regulators know about plans to lay off 220 people through the Virginia Workforce Network’s Rapid Response or W.A.R.N. program.
It is part of a long-term plan by the company to eventually close or sell off the Forest plant by 2020.
Layoffs will begin Nov. 22, 2019, and end Dec. 31, 2020.
- Pulaski County crash closes down Route 683 Monday morning
- Hundreds of bodies found buried along riverbanks of India
- Virginia lifts mask mandate to match CDC guidance, Northam rules out state vaccine passports
- UAW rejects labor agreement with Volvo involving Dublin plant
- Israel kills 42 in Gaza as Prime Minister Netanyahu warns war will go on