FOREST, Va. (WFXR) — Hundreds more employees at Teva Pharmaceutical in Forest will be out of a job by the end of next year.
On Oct. 11, company officials let state regulators know about plans to lay off 220 people through the Virginia Workforce Network’s Rapid Response or W.A.R.N. program.
It is part of a long-term plan by the company to eventually close or sell off the Forest plant by 2020.
Layoffs will begin Nov. 22, 2019, and end Dec. 31, 2020.
- ‘I thought I got hit by the boat’: Teen survives encounter with shark
- VDH aware of several confirmed measles cases in Afghan evacuees
- ‘Soul-crushing’: COVID deaths hit more than 1,900 a day for the first time since March
- More than 1,200 without power in southwest, central Virginia as rainfall continues Wednesday morning
- National security officials pressed on Afghanistan evacuation, southern border crossings