FOREST, Va. (WFXR) — Hundreds more employees at Teva Pharmaceutical in Forest will be out of a job by the end of next year.
On Oct. 11, company officials let state regulators know about plans to lay off 220 people through the Virginia Workforce Network’s Rapid Response or W.A.R.N. program.
It is part of a long-term plan by the company to eventually close or sell off the Forest plant by 2020.
Layoffs will begin Nov. 22, 2019, and end Dec. 31, 2020.
- Man’s Best Cure: VT scientists lead the way in cross-species cancer research
- Washington Huddle web exclusive with Scott Jackson of Redskins Game Day
- UVA-Wise program will pay tuition for students in families that earn $40K or less
- FBI seeks tips from current and former patients of OB-GYN Javaid Perwaiz
- Dominion Energy’s request for increase in rate of return on equity denied by state regulators