FOREST, Va. (WFXR) — Hundreds more employees at Teva Pharmaceutical in Forest will be out of a job by the end of next year.
On Oct. 11, company officials let state regulators know about plans to lay off 220 people through the Virginia Workforce Network’s Rapid Response or W.A.R.N. program.
It is part of a long-term plan by the company to eventually close or sell off the Forest plant by 2020.
Layoffs will begin Nov. 22, 2019, and end Dec. 31, 2020.
- Albermarle County votes to remove Confederate statue outside Charlottesville courthouse
- Virginia community divided over Douglas Freeman High School dropping ‘Rebels’ nickname, mascot
- Grayson County first responders remove multiple kayakers from New River Saturday
- Pinpoint Weather: Summer-like weather pattern ahead with warm conditions and afternoon storms
- Virginia police: Missing 14-year-old girl found, 19-year-old boy taken into custody