The Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce recognized local organizations and businesses at the second annual Best Places to Work luncheon on June 19.
The Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce hopes that by recognizing area businesses for their effort and success in creating positive workplaces will promote awareness of the employment growth and opportunity in Montgomery County.
The survey used to determine the recipients were answered by business leaders and owners, as well as individual employees.
Businesses were divided by industry with one organization selected from each category as the Best Place to Work. The 2019 recipients are as follows:
- Hospitality – Residence Inn by Marriott Blacksburg – University
- Construction – SAS Builders Retail Trade – New River Office Supply
- Health and Wellness – Relax Blacksburg
- Arts and Entertainment – Wine & Design
- Government – Town of Blacksburg
- Real Estate and Property Management – HHHunt Corporation/Foxridge
- Technology – New River Computing
- Marketing – Uncork-it
- Manufacturing – BAE Systems, OSI
- Financial Services – Wells Fargo
- Non-Profit – Community Housing Partners
- Professional Services – SERVPRO of Montgomery & Pulaski Counties
The 2020 survey will open early 2020.