ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR)–Michael Brown’s lawyer sent a message to his supporters through Facebook on Saturday, Jan. 18.
Deborah Caldwell-Bono posted to the “Justice for Michael Brown Support Group” page.
She wrote that Brown is “hanging in there” and that “He is very thankful for the support, prayers and well-wishes being sent his way. He is immersing himself in reading materials with positive messages and those that help with his goal of educating himself in areas of interest to him and in helping to handle whatever life sends your way.”
She also says Brown himself will likely reach out to his supporters on the group page, but warns he cannot discuss in any way the charges against him.
Some of his supporters have sent him money, which he apparently used to buy new shoes that offer more support than the government-issued slippers.
Brown is accused of shooting and killing his mother’s boyfriend in Franklin County in November.
- UPDATE: Southbound I-77 reopens in Bland County after vehicle fire at East River Mountain Tunnel
- Virginia NAACP says constitutional amendment on the ballot would adversely affect Black voters
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- Amid social unrest, local sheriff’s office prepares for National Night Out
- Title aspirations drive Sam Hauser ahead of lone season at UVA