ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR)–Michael Brown’s lawyer sent a message to his supporters through Facebook on Saturday, Jan. 18.
Deborah Caldwell-Bono posted to the “Justice for Michael Brown Support Group” page.
She wrote that Brown is “hanging in there” and that “He is very thankful for the support, prayers and well-wishes being sent his way. He is immersing himself in reading materials with positive messages and those that help with his goal of educating himself in areas of interest to him and in helping to handle whatever life sends your way.”
She also says Brown himself will likely reach out to his supporters on the group page, but warns he cannot discuss in any way the charges against him.
Some of his supporters have sent him money, which he apparently used to buy new shoes that offer more support than the government-issued slippers.
Brown is accused of shooting and killing his mother’s boyfriend in Franklin County in November.
- Daytona 500 resumes without president, pomp, packed house
- Duke rises, Louisville spirals in latest men’s AP Top 25 rankings
- Part of $1.3 million in computer science education state grants heading to southwest region
- Live at 1pm ET: Analysis, updated odds to win rain-postponed Daytona 500
- Two dead in house fire early Monday morning in Danville