The Roanoke Medical Examiner’s Office has confirmed the cause of death for Aris Eduardo Lobo-Perez.
According to the Medical Examiner’s Office, Lobo Perez died from acute buprenorphine toxicity with acute and chronic asthma contributing. Buprenorphine is an opioid. His manner of death was ruled an accident.
Lobo-Perez was arrested on September 11th and transported to the New River Valley Regional Jail for public intoxication. He was found unresponsive in his jail cell the next day. Efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.
- VDH Monday update: More than 900 new COVID-19 cases reported while total deaths reach 3,581
- Crash shuts down lane of Route 116 coming into Roanoke County
- Boil water notice in place in Pittsylvania County following Chatham water break
- FBI investigating fire set in Boston ballot dropbox
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta gaining strength, will likely become hurricane