PATRICK COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — A man from Ararat, Virginia, was killed in a suspected drunk driving crash in Patrick County on Wednesday night.
Virginia State Police say Joshua Ray, 35, of Ararat, was driving southbound on Route 677 when his 2018 Nissan Rogue crossed the center line and struck a 1999 Harley Davidson driven by Jacob Lehue Goad, 30, also of Ararat. The crash happened about two-tenths of a mile south of Route 672.
Goad was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash but died at the scene, VSP says. Ray was wearing his seatbelt and was uninjured.
Virginia State Police say Ray is charged with driving under the influence and vehicular manslaughter.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Northside Vikings reflect on soccer season cut short
- Hokies All-Access Minute (March 28, 2020)
- Roanoke couple hosts “drive-by” wedding shower
- VDH: Confirmed COVID-19 case in Alleghany County
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast