LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Passenger traffic at the Lynchburg Regional Airport is at its highest in 25 years.
Airport officials say nearly 20,000 passengers departed or arrived at the airport in October.
The addition of American Airlines flights in September helped boost those numbers. American Airlines added another round trip to Charlotte, bringing the total daily round trips to the city to seven.
Planes have been upgraded to seat 65 passengers with dual-class service.
With the increase in seat capacity, total passenger traffic is expected to nearly double this year compared to 2003, say airport officials.
- UNC beats Miami 94-71 to end 5-game skid; Williams surpasses Smith in all-time wins
- Vehicle removed from Franklin County creek after hitting black ice
- Virginia Tech completes first study on concussions among youth football players
- More than 100 students and faculty from Liberty University join March for Life
- 3 must-visit foodie stops during Super Bowl week in Miami