LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – The Lynchburg Museum will have their “Daniel’s Hill History Days” on Saturday and Sunday at Mount Carmel Baptist Church’s Fellowship Hall at 800 Cabell Street in Lynchburg.
They are asking for the community’s help in documenting the untold history of Daniel’s Hill and illustrating life in the neighborhood as experienced by all of its residents who can bring old photos, memorabilia and memories of Daniel’s Hill residents, places and activities. Museum staff can scan or photograph items and provide free digital copies for you to share with friends and family.
Daniel’s Hill was named for the the family of Judge William Daniel, Sr., who inherited much of the present-day neighborhood’s land in 1830. The hill is located by the James River to Blackwater Creek and Rivermont Avenue.
The event runs Saturday, August 17 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and on Sunday, August 18 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Those interested in additional information or to help contributing items, contact Emily Kubota at the Lynchburg Museum System at (434) 455-3914.