LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — Two highly anticipated renovation projects break ground in December in Lynchburg.
The contractor, Coleman-Adams Construction, Inc. for the Langhorne Road Bridge renovation and Blackwater Creek Trail extension project has begun to set up equipment and their mobile office for the work today.
The project includes the stabilization and renovation of the abandoned Langhorne Road railway trestle and a continuation of the Blackwater Creek Trail bikeway from its ending at Langhorne Road to Linkhorne Middle School.
The project, funded primarily by the Virginia Department of Transportation costs $1.96 million.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony is set for Dec. 5 to launch the construction, which is expected to be completed by November 2020.
- Hokies All Access Minute – December 5, 2019
- NOWcast for Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019
- Fuji Food Products, Inc. voluntarily recalls some sushi products for listeria contamination
- Mother of murdered teen first witness called in case of alleged MS-13 gang member
- Roanoke’s Texas Tavern named top Virginia diner by the Food Network