LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) – Beginning this Friday, March 13, River Ridge Mall will begin hosting a Youth Supervision Program each Friday and Saturday evening from 6 p.m. until the mall closes.
The announcement of the program took place on Monday and calls for any guest of the mall under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian that is at least 21 years old during the times the program is active as well as any other time at the property’s discretion.
The goal of the program is to promote a comfortable weekend shopping experience for all of its guests.
River Ridge Mall encourages adults and families to visit the mall on Friday and Saturday evenings for family time.
The mall also states that the Youth Supervision Program represents only a small part of the overall hours the property is open.
The program takes into account the youth who work at retailers inside of the mall who also enjoys spending time at Regal Cinemas for weekend movies.
“We’ve certainly taken this into consideration with our new program. Youth workers can still work at River Ridge during Friday and Saturday evening shifts, and teenagers visiting Regal Cinemas for a movie will still be able to do so, using the two property entrances adjacent to the theater.”Louise Dudley, River Ridge General Manager
Details of the program:
- River Ridge visitors under 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years or older on Friday and Saturday evenings after 6 p.m. or any other time the program is in effect;
- Security will begin monitoring those entering the center at 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings;
- Unescorted youth shopping prior to 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings must leave the property by 6 p.m. or be joined by a parent or guardian;
- Unescorted youth will be asked to leave the center after 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings or at any other time the program is in effect.
- These are the weirdest holiday foods you can buy
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as November comes to a close
- Breweries offer discounts during Small Brewery Sunday
- NYC school system, largest in the US, to begin phased reopening in December
- Wisconsin counties finish recount, confirms Biden’s win over Trump