WYTHEVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Police in Wytheville have announced that a man has been taken into custody for allegedly taking a school bus.
According to police, Jorge Luis Olivares, 38, of Los Angeles, California was taken into custody and charged with grand larceny of a vehicle, felony destruction of property, trespassing into a vehicle (eight charges) and obstruction of justice.
A detective with the department is said to have tracked Olivares to a hotel room in Roanoke.
- How weather impacts our fall foliage
- Hoffman reflects on long-awaited Hokies debut
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Black volunteer rescue workers in Roanoke get historical marker